About Me

My photo
Mother of Taitym Lee

Blogs we stalk!!

About Taitym

Daughter of Brandi Lee
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My Life My Everything

I am the worst at blogging now that I have a baby!  I don't know how you all you moms out there have time to blog AND be a mom!  Taitym takes up all of my time and I am absolutly LOVING it!  I have promised a few of my friends that I would blog my birth experience!  So here I go.....

Wednesday, August 11th.... I woke up and headed to my normal weekly doctors appointment.  I peed in the cup and waited for Dr. Gemmell.  In walked her nurse practicioner.  "Dr. Gemmell is out of town this week, so I will be checking you."  The nurse practioner checked everything and said I was dialated to a two and everything look perfect!!  I got dressed and headed to work.  Throughout the day I had noticed my pee was a little bit orangish redish.  I didn't think anything of it because it wasn't straight blood so I just figured it had to have been from something I had ate yesterday!  I came home from work and made dinner and went to bed!

Thursday, August 12th... I woke up and went to work as usual.  As soon as I got to work I had to go to the bathroom... I went to the bathroom and noticed my pee was really pink so being a first time pregnant girl I kind of paniced and called my doctor.  They told me to just come into the office and to bring my hospital bag just incase.  Well just my luck, I had not packed my hospital bag yet because I had asked for new pajamas and all the stuff I wanted to take to the hospital for my birthday... my Birthday was on August 8th and I had just got gift certificates to buy myself stuff.  I ordered all of my stuff online at VS and it wasn't going to arrive until August 17th.  I called Steve just freaking out that I didn't have anything packed and they made it sound like I was going into labor.  SO I went and picked Steve up from work and we headed to the doctors office.  They had me pee in a cup and then they had me lay down and they hooked me up to the monitor so they could check the baby heart beat and monitor my contractions.  The oncall doctor came in and checked me and said I am still dialated to a two and I was having contractions but the pinkish color in my pee was just from the nurse practioner checking me the day before.... FALSE ALARM!  I was mad in a way  but relieved in a way because I didn't have any of my hospital stuff packed!  So that night I went home and just packed a few things of Steve's and a few things of mine and put them in my cute new hospital bag and went to bed!

Friday, August 13th.... I woke up and rolled out of bed.  As soon and I started to walk I peed my pants.  I hurry and ran in the bathroom and started yelling to Steve.  Did I really pee my pants?  This had never happened??  I sat there for a minute and thought that maybe my water broke.  So I called my doctors office and told the nurse I didn't know if I peed my pants or if my water broke.  I told her I felt way stupid for even calling but I just wasn't sure.  She told me to come in just to make sure.  So I grabbed my hospital bag and told Steve to just go to work because I was sure I had just peed my pants.  I got to the doctors office and they hooked me back up to the monitor and had the on call doctor come in and check me.  Sure enough my water had broke.  She told me to head straight to the hospital and she would meet me there in a little bit.  I hurry and got dressed and ran out to my car and called Steve.  I was so upset that he wasn't with me and that I was driving myself to the hospital (I am a baby like that.)  Steve hurry and left work and I called my mom and asked her to bring me all her bathroom stuff  becuase I hadn't packed stuff like that.  I wanted to shave and wash my hair and do all that stuff so I looked some what cute when I had my baby.  I got to the hospital around 11:00 AM and checked in.  They took me into the delievery room and hooked me up to some medicine that was going to help speed up the delivery process and hooked me up to a machine that was monitoring the baby's heartbeat and my contractions.  About 10 minutes later, Steve walked into the hospital room.  I was so scared and was so glad to finally have him there.  My mom got to the hospital about an hour later with all of my stuff.  I asked the nurse if I could shower real quick and just my luck she said NO.  I hadn't showered before I had gone to the doctors and I felt all gross... I hadn't washed my hair in 3 days so you can imagine how I looked.  I was so mad... this was not how I expected to look when I had pictures of me and Taitym.  But I was so glad that I was going to be able to meet my little girl soon enough.  The nurse kept coming in and checking me, I was dialated to a 2 when I got to the hospital. About an hour later I was dialated to a three!  Steve asked the nurse how long it would take for me to get to a ten... She told him it would take anywhere from 10-12 hours.  I was glad to hear that I had time to prepare myself for what was about to happen.  I was having contractions but couldn't feel them so at about 2:00 PM the doctor came in to check me.  She told me my water had not broken all the way so she needed to break it and move the mucus cells away from the placenta so there were not problems with that when the baby came out.  As soon as she broke my water, I started having HORRIBLE contractions.  I was in so so much pain and they were coming every minute.  Just my luck the anethesiologist wasn't at the hospital at that time.  He was at home, so they had to call him and have him come up to the hospital.  It took him about 15 minutes to get to the hospital.  I was in so much pain that the epidural didn't hurt at all.  I couldn't even feel it when he put the needle in.  As soon as he was done I was feeling so much better.  I was just numb and shaking, but no more pain (:  The nurses still were coming in and checking me.  At about 4:00 I was finally dialated to a 4.  I started to feel contractions again so I pushed the button to get some pain medicine.  At about 5:00 another nurse came in to check me... GUESS WHAT BRANDI??  You are dialated to a 10 so it's time to start pushing.  I went from a 4 to a 10 in an hour.  I couldn't believe it was already time.  I thought I would have a couple of more hours before I had to start pushing but nope... Taitym was ready to come and meet her new family.  So the nurses got the room all ready and we had our family leave the room.  I just wanted it to be Steve and I in the room when I had the baby.  So the doctor came in and told me that the nurse would show me what to do and she would come back into the room when it was time to have the baby.  So Steve held one leg and the nurse held the other leg and I began to push (sorry if all of this is too much info but I want to remember everything that happened HAHA) so I began to push and about a half hour later the nurse called the front desk and told them to have the doctor come in because I was ready to deliever.  The nurse told me that if I pushed once more I was going to have the baby.  So about a half hour later we were just sitting in the room STILL waiting for the doctor.  You could tell the nurse was getting nervous because I was ready to have this baby a half hour ago.  The nurse kept calling up to the front desk and they kept telling her the doctor would be in in about 5 minutes.  FINALLY the doctor came in... I pushed once more and I heard Taitym just scream, she was born at 7:04 PM weighing 7 pounds and 13 ounces and was 19 inches long.  I started crying and Steve was trying to hurry and take pictures.  I couldn't believe this beautiful baby that I had been carrying for 9 months, and been waiting and waiting to meet for 9 months was finally here.  I couldn't believe I was a mom... I couldn't believe this beautiful baby girl was my daughter.  I have never been more happy in my life.  The nurses took Taitym and did some things to her (I can't remember I was out of it at this point) and the doctor began to clean things up and she started to panic.  I wasn't having contractions anymore and she couldn't get the bleeding to stop.  So they had to hook me back up to a bunch of IV's to give me medicine to see if they could get me to start having contractions again.  The doctor had the nurse come and push on my stomach and I thought I was going to die.  That hurt WORSE than having a baby.  They made me stay in the delivery room until they could get the bleeding under control.  At about 11 they let me go into my room.  As soon as we got into the room, the nurse came in and took Taitym to get a bath.  Steve, my mom and Steve's parents went to watch her get a bath (my dad felt sick that night so after I had the baby he went home to get some rest) I was sad my dad couldn't be there but we had a video camera so Steve recorded her first bath.  Every hour a nurse had to come into my room and push on my stomach and I had to stay hooked up to a machine that was monitoring my contractions.  I was in so much pain and just miserable.  Taitym was doing great though... She was as healthy as can be and was even more beautiful than I had ever imagined.  Steve and I finally took Taitym home on Sunday.  I didn't want to go home until Monday but Steve was ready to leave and the doctor said I was good to go!  From the first night I had Taitym she was spoiled.  She didn't like to sleep alone.. We would put her in the bed the hospital had for her and she would just scream.  As soon as Steve would pick her up she would stop crying, so Steve and I took turns sleeping with her the first night.  The second night we decided to have her sleep in the nursery.  I was so upset that she wasn't going to be sleeping with us but the nurse told me we shouldn't have her sleeping with us and with her not sleeping by herself we needed to get some sleep before we went home.  The nurses brought her back to me about every 3 hours to eat and then took her back.  At about 4 AM I told them I just wanted to keep her with me.  So she wasn't away from us for very long!

Well that is my story about my delivery!  Taitym is now 2 1/2 months old and is as healthy as ever!  She is so much fun... I honestly LOVE being a mom and I am so in love with her.  She is starting to laugh and smile ALL the time.  She has the biggest, prettiest BLUE eyes ever.  Steve and I both have brown eyes so I am not sure where these blue eyes came from.  She has her daddy's big eyes and her mom's little nose and chin.  She isn't sleeping through the night yet, she is waking up about every four hours.  I know this is horrible but she is still sleeping in bed with us.  I just can't put her in her crib yet.  She is already so spoiled.  She doesn't like you to sit down and hold her, she always wants you to stand up and hold her.  She likes her swing for about 5 minutes and then wants you to pick her up.  Steve thinks I have made her this way but she has been like this since the day we brought her home from the hospital.  I am guilty of wanting to hold her 24/7 for the first couple of days we had her but what mom isn't that way??  I had really bad seperation anxiety when I came home from the hospital.  Anytime someone would come over to visit us and would be holding Taitym I would get all upset and have like a panic attack so we were only letting family come over to see her for the first week or so.  Even our family holding her, I would still get upset.  It's getting easier now but I still have a hard time with some people and in big groups of people! 

I have a lot more things to blog about so keep checking back everyday and seeing what Taitym and I are up too!!  Here are a couple of pictures I have taken of Taitym.....


















3 comments:

  1. DOn't feel bad about holding her all the time! Seriously if I could go back I would have snuggled Kingston so much more. Soon she isn't going to want you to hold her and will be all crazy crawling aroudn the floor.

    I loved your birth story!! They always make me cry. She seriously is soo beautiful and I love her name. I'm glad you liked it and it was one on the list that I loved too. She is soo soo cute I have to leave your blog now because i'm freaking baby hungry and you aren't helping me!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I have been waiting for this post! She is so cute. I'm glad that everything is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandi, I'm the same way! I still get anxiety when I have to leave oakley... its bad, but I'm now forced to be better. And no worries, oakley is almost 2 and she is still in bed with us the majority of the time, and we only have a queen bed.. I dunno how we're all going to fit when I have the baby! I'm all about enjoying the moment and the stage they're in. One day she'll sleep in her own bed, and not want to cuddle anymore. Soak it all in. And you do what you feel is right as her mom, who cares what anyone else does, says or thinks!that's the joy of having your own kid... you raise her however you feel like. I always get grieft from people cause I don't do the normal things or the things I'm supposed to with oakley.

    She is adorable though! And I'm happy everything went so well for you! I'm so happy you decided to blog again! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete